Deadline: 31 August 2014
Open to: applicants with experience conducting research on human rights
Remuneration: paid position
The European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC) invites applications from individuals to act as a Human Rights Monitor in Moldova.
The contracted individuals will be requested to undertake work in line with ERRC priorities including state response to violence and hate speech, access to education, piaget replica watches access to housing, free movement and migration, identity documents, women’s and children’s rights and disaggregated data collection. Some travel will be required.
ERRC Monitors are responsible for: investigating and documenting human rights abuse of Roma in their countries of responsibility, maintaining contact with relevant actors, staying abreast of and regularly apprising the ERRC of important developments, acting as a liaison between the ERRC and local lawyers and working with a team of ERRC staff members in Budapest to develop appropriate responses to human rights violations and related events.
The successful applicant is expected to start no later than the beginning of October 2014.
- At least two years’ experience conducting desk and field research on human rights or related issues;
- Experience in writing research reports and other materials;
- At minimum, secondary school diploma; college or university degree preferred;
- Significant experience living and working in Romani communities is desirable;
- Verbal and written proficiency in both English and the national language required; knowledge of Romani preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Willingness to travel for work, either alone or with colleagues;
- Knowledge of the law and legal procedures is desirable.
Selected candidates must be based in-country and will work between half and full time, depending on the final agreement with the ERRC. They will be paid a fee and provided with a omega seamaster aqua terra replica
monthly expense allowance to facilitate their work.
Application deadline is 18:00 CET on 31 August 2014.
Qualified candidates should send the following application materials:
- Maximum 500 word letter of interest;
- Detailed CV in English;
- Contact details for two present or former employers (reference should be from immediate supervisor);
- An unedited English-language writing sample by the applicant (preferably human rights focused).
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] with the subject ERRC Moldova Monitor Search.
For further information read the official call HERE.