Deadline: 25 August 2014
Open to: youth workers, trainers and youth leaders from Croatia, Italy, Latvia, Turkey, Macedonia, Slovenia, Greece, Bulgaria, Belgium, Hungary and Romania.
Venue: 21-29 October 2014 in Zadar, Croatia
The Association Realization / Udruga Ostvarenje, based in Zagreb, is organizing the training course “Strategic approach to quality inclusion and intercultural dialogue youth work” that will be held from 21st till 29th October 2014 in Zadar, Croatia and will gather 31 participants from 10 countries. This training targets youth workers who will further take action in the field of social inclusion and cultural diversity, whether through new initiatives or enhanced activities, and will increase the opportunity for all to access and participate in youth work and youth projects.
The objectives of the project are:
- Sharing experience regarding inclusion and diversity in the different communities and countries;
- Understanding different aspects of youth work and inclusion/diversity;
- Exploring concepts of identity and its development as starting point to understanding inclusion/diversity around us;
- Increasing empathy with different aspects of discrimination/exclusion and discussing how to deal with challenging situations;
- Exploring existing policies on Fundamental Rights in Europe and understanding their connection and implications to youth work for inclusion/diversity;
- Sharing youth work tools/methods for achieving greater inclusion in our communities;
- Developing strategies for local and European (level) activities of youth work for promotion of inclusion/diversity;
- Presenting useful EU and CoE resources and funding programmes to encourage European cooperation among partners for inclusion.
In order to be eligible for the training you must:
- Be a youth worker, trainer or youth leader from Croatia, Italy, Latvia, Turkey, Macedonia, Slovenia, Greece, Bulgaria, Belgium, Hungary, Romania;
- Be willing to take action in the field of social inclusion and cultural diversity, whether through new initiatives or enhanced activities;
- Be willing to share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization once he/she gets back;
- Be able to work in English;
- Be able to attend the entire duration of the course.
This project is financed by Erasmus + Programme. The participants will be provided with accommodation (Youth Hostel Zadar) and meals. In addition the travel expenses will be 70% reimbursed (only for the cheapest way of transport and preferably for the return tickets).
The deadline to apply is 25 August 2014. Participants will be selected by 30 August 2014.
For further information direct your questions to Antonija Lelas at: [email protected] or by phone at 00385 95 848 0513.