Deadline: 17 August 2014
Open to: candidates with managerial skills, experience in editorial designing, visual journalism
Salary: full-time paid position
BBC UX&D is now looking for a Creative Director to be based in London, United Kingdom to lead the digital output of designers in the Visual Journalism team (part of BBC News).
- You’ll be working with world-class journalists, technical experts and masters of motion graphics to create a new generation of storytelling formats.
- You’ll need to lead from the front whenever a story breaks, working closely with the Editor of Visual Journalism and TV graphics experts to deliver experiences that resonate across BBC News.
- You’ll be pushing the limits of new technologies, recruiting and building talent, unblocking creative plug holes and bringing in external influences that inspire.
- You’ll encourage digital designers and TV designers to learn from each other and work creatively on joint projects when it makes sense to do so. A digital advocate in unchartered territory.
Ideal candidates are those who
- got a track record in inspiring and delivering outstanding editorial design across various screens, be they mobile, tablet or desktop, and got the credentials and portfolio to prove it;
- can juggle the bigger picture with the day-to-day needs of supporting a fast-paced news agenda and who have challenged teams to up the quality of their output, with measurable results;
- have the nose for a story in a spreadsheet;
- are a skilled storytellers with a firm grasp on how design can make a story comprehensible, compelling and relevant;
- are at ease in front of audience;
- have a degree or equivalent on-the-job experience in design;
- are motivated, enthusiastic and full of ideas.
Application deadline is 17 August 2014.
Apply online HERE.
For further information read the official call HERE.