Deadline: 15 September 2014
Open to: journalists, aged 21 or older, living and working in the EU
Prize: 10,000 EUR
The Evens Foundation is a public benefit foundation based in Antwerp, Belgium, that initiates and supports sustainable projects, and awards biennial prizes, that contribute to the progress and strengthening of Europe based on cultural and social diversity.
The Evens Foundation is now launching the second biennial Evens Prize for European Journalism, to be awarded in 2015. This prize aims to reward journalists from the written press whose work contributes highly to making Europe more comprehensible and accessible to a broad audience.
An external jury composed of high-level international media professionals will select the two laureates. Their criteria will include: journalistic excellence, original reporting, good writing, and the potential impact of the articles on a broad audience.
The competition is open to journalists from the written press, aged 21 or older, living and working in the EU, with a considerable record in reporting and commenting on Europe.
The articles should tackle European issues and must lead to a better or more refined understanding of the European Union.
There will be two prizes:
- Evens Prize for European Journalism: €10,000;
- Evens Encouragement Award for European Journalism: €5,000 (for this prize, only journalists up to 35 years old are eligible).
In order to enter the competition candidates must submit:
- Three articles in English that must have been originally published between 1 July 2013 and 31 August 2014 in a newspaper, magazine or news site within the EU;
- A CV;
- A short motivational letter;
- An overview of the submitted articles, that describes the context in which the work was created and where it was published.
All documents should be submitted electronically to: [email protected]. Additionally, print copies of the submitted articles must be sent by post to:
Tim Verbist, Stoopstraat 1,
2000 Antwerpen, Belgium.
The deadline is 15 September 2014.
For further information please visit the official website.