Deadline: 15 November 2014
Open to: applicants from one of the Chevening country with university degree
Scholarship: covered tuition fees, travel costs a living allowance
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations offer Chevening scholarships for master students. The programme provides full or part funding for full-time courses at postgraduate level, normally a one-year Master’s degree in any subject and at any UK University. The Chevening programme makes awards to talented individuals who demonstrate the potential to become future leaders, decision makers and opinion formers. Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia.
- Meet the academic requirements for their chosen course of study;
- Have a good standard of written and spoken English;
- Be a citizen of a Chevening country;
- Have a minimum of two years’ work experience;
- Not be employees, relatives of employees, or former employees (who left within the past two years) of Her Majesty’s Government (including British Embassies and High Commissions), a partner (sponsor), a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities;
- Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK Government-funded scholarship;
- Not have dual British nationality (unless you are a Citizen of a British Overseas Territory).
Chevening scholarships cover tuition fees, a living allowance at a set rate (depend on whether you will study inside or outside London), an economy class return airfare to the UK and additional grants to cover essential expenditure. Some scholarships cover part of the cost of studying in the UK; for example, tuition fees only or allowances only.
You can apply by using online application system. Deadline for applications is 15 November 2014.
For further information, please visit the official website.