Deadline: 1 September 2014
Open to: filmmakers from around the world
Grant: from 5,000 to 50,000 GBR
The Bertha BRITDOC Connect Fund, a joint initiative between Bertha Foundation and BRITDOC, is the first European-based outreach and engagement fund, and is open to filmmakers from around the world. The fund is looking to support smart, strategic outreach campaigns for ambitious independent documentary films with a social issue at their core; films which have the ability to achieve real change on a local, regional or global level.
The grants are available to filmmakers from around the world.
Grants are in range of 5,000 to 50,000 GBR. Please note that these grants are not production grants but outreach grants. These grants are intended to assist you in getting your film out into the world, enabling it to have a positive social impact. They will support projects that are:
- Completed or almost completed films;
- Funding a strategic summit with potential partners including media, NGOs Foundations and Campaigners, to identify target audiences and brainstorm how best to use the film to augment existing campaign strategies;
- The development and production of school curriculum packs;
- Support for design and build of innovative online tools to enhance audience engagement;
- Funding for the re-versioning of the feature documentary into shorts, which could be used on multiple platforms including online and on mobile devices;
- Funding for strategic screening tours: through schools, universities and relevant community groups, for political or corporate lobbying;
- Support for evaluation analysis, capturing data on the social impact of the film.
The Bertha BRITDOC Connect Fund do not seek to recoup their grants or take a share of any profit you make and they do not take any rights in the film, but they will demand some acknowledgement in all outreach materials with a `supported by’ credit and logo where appropriate.
You application starts here. First you need to register on the application platform and then provide the necessary information that is required for you and your project.
For more information please visit the official website.