Deadline: 31 October 2014
Open to: experienced researchers from any discipline of respiratory science/medicine (fields include: immunology, modelling and systems biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, mathematics, engineering)
Fellowship: €64,600 per fellow-year
The European Respiratory Society presents the RESPIRE 2 Post-doctoral Research Fellowships Programme co-funded by the European Union under the PEOPLE Marie Curie Actions COFUND programme of the EU’s Seventh Research Framework Programme (FP7).
RESPIRE 2 Fellowships are funded with the objectives of enabling scientists, investigators and clinicians from any discipline, as well as allied healthcare professionals, with advanced research records, to carry out basic, translational, or clinical research projects in the field of respiratory science through a 24-month work period in a foreign country in Europe thus strengthening the fellows’ scientific mobile careers and furthering top-research in the respiratory specialty.
Fellowships are open to all nationalities but need to be undertaken in a European country other than the candidate’s own, within a certified RESPIRE 2 Host Centre.
The candidates must:
- hold a doctoral degree or demonstrate having at least the equivalent of 4 years full-time research experience at the time of application;
- have at least 1 first-author publication published in an international peer-reviewed journal;
- be experienced researchers from any discipline of respiratory science/medicine and beyond to domains incl. immunology, modelling and systems biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, mathematics, engineering, etc.;
- have appropriate scientific, medical qualifications (academic) and/or experience (professional), and/or be engaged in relevant research/science/practice.
- Meaningful length of fellowships (2 years);
- Attractive compensation to fellows (€50,000 per fellow-year);
- Allowing for travel, mobility & career development costs during the fellowship (€14,600 per fellow-year);
- Career development oriented host institution requirements;
- Training events in scientific and non-scientific skills;
- Scientific and admin/process mentoring;
- Encouraging return from a career break – pre-evaluation review of applications;
- Specific post scheme network in a large scientific society.
Application deadline is 31 October 2014.
It is the responsibility of the Fellow to find a Host Supervisor willing to Host him/her and to find an adequate research project description. Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted in English and online HERE.
For further information visit the official website HERE.