Deadline: 30 September 2014
Open to: Master’s degree holders
Scholarship: EUR 2043–2994 per month
The University of Helsinki invites applications for a Doctoral Student Position in the Doctoral Programme for Gender, Culture and Society for a 1–4 year period starting from 1 January 2015.
The Doctoral Programme for Gender, Culture and Society is a multidisciplinary doctoral programme based on the co-operation of five Faculties. The programme concentrates on questions of gender, sexuality and feminist scholarship from the perspectives of a wide array of humanities and social sciences. The programme understands gender as multidimensional and places a strong emphasis on the categories that intersect with gender including ethnicity and race, age, class, religion, and sexualities.
The duties of a doctoral student are to work on his or her own doctoral thesis and to complete his or her postgraduate studies. The duties also include teaching and other tasks.
A doctoral student must:
- Hold a second-cycle degree and have an approved research proposal;
- Must have the right to pursue a doctoral degree at the University of Helsinki by the start of the appointment;
- Language skills required for the successful completion of the dissertation research as well as good command of Finnish, Swedish or English.
The salary will be EUR 2043–2994 per month, depending on the appointee’s qualifications and work experience. The appointment starts with a probationary period of four months.
Application deadline is 30 September 2014.
A candidate employed for a salaried doctoral student position must have a postgraduate study right at the University of Helsinki by the beginning of the employment. The study right must be applied for separately. To apply:
- Draw up your research plan (max 9000 characters);
- Fill in the electronic application form;
- Apply for the study right.
Read the official call HERE.