Deadline: 1 December 2014
Open to: candidates 24-45 years of age who have a legal background
Fellowship: travel, accommodation, living expenses, registration fee, medical insurance
Applications for the 2015 International Law Fellowship Programme are currently being accepted. The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by leading scholars and practitioners on a broad range of subjects of international law. The Fellowship Programme intends to enable qualified professionals, in particular government officials and teachers of international law from developing countries and countries with emerging economies, to deepen their knowledge of international law and of the legal work of the United Nations and its associated bodies. This year, the Fellowship Programme will accommodate up to 30 participants.
The Fellowship Programme consists of an annual six-week summer course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands, that will be held from 22 June to 31 July 2015. The participants attend lectures and seminars in international law organized by the Codification Division as well as the public international law session at The Hague Academy of International Law.
- be between 24 and 45 years of age at the beginning of the Fellowship Programme;
- have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law;
- submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period;
- be fluent in spoken and written English.
The fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel costs in economy class, accommodation, medical insurance, participation in the Fellowship Programme, the training material and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law. Participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
The deadline for applications is 1 December 2014.
Two versions of the application form must be submitted:
- One scanned copy of the signed original (for example in pdf, tif, or jpg);
- One electronic version (MS Word or equivalent) of the application.
The application should be sent by email to: [email protected].
For further information visit the official website HERE.