Deadline: 23 September 2014
Open to: internationals who meets the criteria
Remuneration: fee of EUR 260 per day (total of EUR 1,560)
The EU-CoE youth partnership is calling for applications for the positions of a facilitator and rapporteur for the “Conference on the role of youth work in supporting young people in vulnerable situations” to be held in Malta. Social inclusion, specifically of young people in vulnerable situations, is a challenging topic throughout Europe and its neighbouring regions, ever more so in the aftermath of the recent economic crisis. The goal of the conference is to explore the role of youth work in addressing common needs of youth in vulnerable situations and to share related knowledge and good examples of practice in Europe and neighbouring regions. The conference will take place in Malta, from 25 to 28 November, 2014.
The EU-CoE youth partnership is looking for two (2) facilitators and one (1) rapporteur for this event. The candidates who meets the criteria will be considered for the positions.
Profile of the two facilitators:
- Experienced in facilitating/moderating conferences, seminars, symposia or similar events;
- With knowledge about and experience in working around the topics the topics of youth policy and youth work and the specific dimension of excluded youth;
- Capable to develop the methodology of the event and to ensure a dynamic and participatory process (based on the pre-established main programme elements);
- Used to cooperate with stakeholders from different professional, political and cultural backgrounds;
- Very good command of English.
Profile of the rapporteur:
- Experienced in summarizing discussions and outcomes/results of working groups and
- With knowledge about and experience in working around the topics of youth policy and youth work and the specific dimension of excluded youth;
- Able to propose contents-related information to support the work of a group (if needed), e.g. by providing quick teaser / introductory summary, etc.;
- Able to coordinate with the facilitators (if needed);
- Excellent writing skills /command of English.
The EU-CoE youth partnership will provide a fee of 260 € per working day. Six days are planned for each, the two facilitators and the rapporteur = 1,560 € per expert.
The facilitators must be available for the preparatory meeting on the 2 (afternoon) and 3 (morning) of October (Strasbourg): one day meeting plus travel. The rapporteur should provide a sample of a recent writing or link(s) to reports / documentations / publications (developed individually or as co-author).
Interested experts are invited are invited to send their applications to [email protected] Your application needs to contain:
- Short motivation letter( That needs to contain information on the experiences / knowledge in the field, specifically on barriers to social inclusion for young people in vulnerable situations).
For more information please check out the official call.