Deadline: 15 December 2014
Open to: junior and senior scholars of all nationalities
Fellowship: accommodation, travel, and stipend
Koç University invites applications from junior and senior scholars specializing in the archaeology, art history, history, and allied disciplines of Turkey from the Neolithic through the Ottoman eras. Fellowships, which include accommodation, travel, and stipend, will be given to approximately 10 Ph.D candidates and 10 scholars with Ph.D to spend one academic year in Istanbul at Koç University’s Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations (RCAC).
Successful candidates will be required to be resident in Istanbul during the 9-month academic year (September 15-June 15). Some senior fellowships may be granted on a semester basis (September 15-January 31 or February 1-June 15). A small number of Non-Residential fellowships is also available for those already resident in Istanbul and/or with families.
- Applicants for junior fellowships should be advanced graduate students who have completed their coursework and are working on their dissertations in areas relevant to the RCAC.
- Applicants for senior fellowships must possess a Ph.D or equivalent by the time they begin their fellowship.
Applications from scholars of all nationalities are encouraged.
All residential fellows will be provided with:
- free accommodation at the Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations building in Beyoğlu,
- dinner free of charge 5 evenings per week (holidays not included),
- transportation to and from Turkey,
- health insurance,
- $800 research budget
- for Junior fellows – the Turkish Lira equivalent of $800 net per month for 9 months.
- for Senior fellows – grants beginning at the Turkish Lira equivalent of $1100 net per month on a sliding scale depending on seniority.
Application deadline is 15 December 2014.
All applicants should complete the application online HERE. More information about application find HERE.