Deadline: 31 October 2014
Open to: students from African, Caribbean and Pacific countries willing to develop their activity in a European Partner University
Scholarship: 1,000 – 2,500 euros/month
The DREAM Project (with financial support granted by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme) grants scholarships to students from ACP (African, Caribbean and Pacific) countries and staff members to undertake a mobility period, or full degree, in some of the best universities in Europe. Scholarships are available for master and doctorate students and also for staff members (academic and administrative) and include a monthly allowance, travel, insurance and tuition fees. Interested applicants can take their studies in one of the following areas of study: Agriculture Sciences; Architecture; Urban and Regional Planning; Art and Design; Business Studies; Management Science; Education; Teacher Training; Engineering; Technology; Geography; Geology; Humanities; Languages and Philological Sciences; Law; Mathematics; Informatics; Medical Sciences; Natural Sciences; Social Sciences, Communication and Information Sciences and other areas of study.
In order to be eligible to apply to an DREAM scholarship, applicants need to fulfill a set of minimum requirements:
- General requirements: Must be a national of one of the eligible ACP COUNTRIES – SEE GUIDELINE FOR APPLICANTS (and FIND the respective areas of study for each country);- Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership; -Must have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility;- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries;
- Additional requirements: Master Studies: – Must have already completed their Bachelor’s course at an institution from an eligible ACP country on the moment of submitting the application; – Must be enrolled in the 1st year of a 2 year Master programme at one of the ACP Countries institutions.; Doctorate Studies: – Must be enrolled in a Doctorate programme at one of the ACP Countries institutions and must have already completed the 1st year of their course on the moment of submitting the application.; Academic and Administrative Staff: – Must work as a full time staff with one of the partner institutions.
Each scholarship covers a monthly allowance, travel expenses, insurance and tuition fees. However, the monthly allowances vary depending on the study program to which the candidate will enroll. The monthly allowance sums are the following:
- For Master – EUR 1.000 per month;
- For Doctorate – EUR 1,5000 per month;
- For Academic and Administrative Staff– EUR 2,500 per month.
You can submit your application via the online platform by first creating an account. Before you start with your application please download the Guidelines for Applications and go through it carefully.
For more information please visit the official webpage