Deadline: 31 January 2015
Open to: recent university graduates who are nationals of one of the EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey and Montenegro.
Remuneration: 1 456,71 EUR net per month, travel allowance
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control is an EU agency aimed at strengthening Europe’s defences against infectious diseases. It is seated in Stockholm, Sweden.
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control offers a traineeship programme targeted towards recent university graduates who are at the beginning of a new professional career. The purpose of the programme is to provide trainees with an understanding of the Centre and its role within the activities of the European Union while also providing an opportunity to acquire practical knowledge and professional experience. Traineeships last a minimum of three months and a maximum of nine months.
The ECDC Traineeship Programme is open primarily to nationals of the Member States of the European Union, EEA/EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) and from candidate countries benefiting from a pre-accession strategy (Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro). A limited number of nationals from non-Member States may also be accepted.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- A university degree or equivalent by the closing date for applications.
- A very good command of English (the working language of ECDC). Knowledge of additional EU languages is an asset.
- No previous traineeship or employment (formal or informal, paid or unpaid) within any EU institution, agency, body or delegation.
ECDC pays a monthly traineeship grant of 1 456,71 EUR net per month and pays a travel allowance to compensate the expenses incurred at the beginning and at the end of the traineeship from the place of residence.
Application deadline is 31 January 2015.
Application must include:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae in Europass format in English
- A cover letter (English only) using the ECDC template;
- A copy of the university degree.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected] clearly indicating the word “Traineeship” and your surname in the subject line, i.e. “Traineeship-Surname”.