Deadline: 29 October 2014
Open to: candidates with an experience in organisational management and NGO governance
Remuneration: 2.754,00 Euro/month
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The Forum is recruiting a Monitoring and Organisational Development Officer. The successful candidate will work in the Secretary General Office and will report to the Secretary General. The successful candidate will support the platform in monitoring its work, improve its internal processes, provide the relevant support on how to maximise the impact of their work and demonstrate it to the membership and partners.
The duration of the contract is five years. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium.
- An experience in organisational management and processes or quality assurance;
- Higher education degree in relevant field is strongly desirable but can be compensated by extensive relevant NGO and/or non-formal education experience;
- Experience with NGO governance, including strategic thinking is needed;
- Experience in project management and relevant skills;
- Understanding of advocacy;
- Ability to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Experience with working in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to multi-task and co-ordinate several projects simultaneously, demonstrating excellent time management, leadership, communication and organisational skills while keeping a sense of humour in stressful situations;
- Advanced level in spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages appreciated;
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and internet applications, SharePoint;
- Availability to travel and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
- Willingness to live in Brussels or the surrounding area.
The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary (for a SP1 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is 2.754,00 Euro. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Application deadline is 29 October 2014, 23h59 CET.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the European Youth Forum online recruitment system HERE.
For further information read the official call HERE.