Deadline: 15 January 2015
Open to: scholars outside the United States
Fellowship: travel grants ranging $ 6,000 – $ 9,000
The Terra Foundation offers Research Travel Grants to enable scholars outside the United States to consult resources that are only available within the United States. These grants provide support for research on topics concerning American art and visual culture prior to 1980. Grant funding is available for short-term travel (3 months maximum) that gives scholars opportunities to:
- Discover new source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections,
- Consult local archives and library collections, and
- Establish professional networks for future research.
The foundation only accepts proposals from doctoral students and postdoctoral and senior scholars outside the United States.
Nine to thirteen grants are awarded annually:
- up to $6,000 per grant for doctoral students from Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand,
- up to $7,000 per grant for doctoral candidates from Asia, Africa and Latin America,
- up to $9,000 per grant for all postdoctoral and senior scholars.
- Up to five grants are specifically dedicated to scholars from Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
Funds can be used for related transportation, lodging, meals, and research fees and expenses. They cannot be used for the purchase of computers or other equipment.
Application deadline is 15 January 2015.
The completed application form must be submitted by email to [email protected] Awards will be announced in May 2015. Travel should be undertaken within one calendar year after the announcement of the selection results.
For further information consult the official website HERE.