Deadline: 9 January 2015
Open to: emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues
Venue: 24 August – 8 October 2015 in Antigonish, Nova Scotia (Canada)
The Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
For 2015, the Global Change Leaders Program consists of two main components:
- 1. August 24 – October 8, 2015: A seven week on-site intensive course at the Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia (Canada) where a collaborative relationship is fostered among facilitators and participants to draw out lessons and insights from their rich and diverse experiences.
- 2. October 12, 2015 – April 30, 2016: Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentoring from experienced women leaders upon their return home for up to six months to follow on the application of learning into practice. Mentors and mentees will be matched during the residency period based on specific needs and geographic locations. Participants will also join a global alumni network of women leaders.
This program is targeted to emerging women leaders from developing countries who are working on development issues. They must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a minimum of four years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavour in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Be practitioners in civil society organizations including community based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience;
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. Program participants also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders from around the world.
Interested candidates must apply electronically using the online application form HERE.
The deadline for applications submissions is 9 January 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a Skype interview no later than 28 February 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.