Deadline: 30 November 2014
Open to: international master graduates in Biology, Computer science, Economics, Educational science, Neuroscience, Psychology, Sociology
Fellowship: 1,365 EUR per month
International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (LIFE) is offering up to six doctoral fellowships for a period of 2 years, with 1 year extension possible. The goal of the International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (LIFE) is the study of systematic changes in human behavior over evolutionary and ontogenetic time. The fellowships will all be located at the three collaborating institutions in Berlin, Germany. LIFE offers students unique training in the dynamics of human behavior on different time scales. These include long-term changes, such as in the evolution of culture and emergence of institutions of learning, and short-term changes, such as in individual education processes, lifespan development, and institutionally regulated life-course processes.
Applicants should hold, a master’s degree, diploma or equivalent in one of the following fields: Biology; Computer Science; Economics; Educational Science; Neuroscience; Psychology; Sociology or any related field.
The Research School welcomes participation by women, and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, or disability.
Students admitted to LIFE will receive a monthly scholarship of 1,365.00 EUR to cover their living expenses. The stipend is tax-free. Students with dependent children accompanying them are also to receive allowance.
Your complete application for admission to LIFE contains:
- The completed application form including your contact information, educational background, the names of two referees, and your desired advisor(s);
- Cover letter including motivation for entry to the LIFE program;
- Curriculum Vitae (including academic training and professional experience);
- Scans of official certificates of degrees of all colleges/universities you attended;
- Copy of your thesis or another publication or preprint;
- Two letters of recommendation rating your academic skills and abilities from mentors who know you well.
Your application materials are only complete if you have also sent your supplementary application materials as one PDF file by e-mail to [email protected] within the deadline on 30 November , 2014.