Deadline: 15 November 2014
Open to: young people 18-30 from Middle East and North Africa countries
Fellowship: airfare, accommodation, catering, mediation, yoga classes, local transportation
After the success of the First MENA Salam Fellowship (Middle East and North Africa Salam Fellowship) that took place in Marrakech, Peace Revolution would like to introduce 2015 Second Fellowship with a new mission to gather young leaders from the region for peaceful coexistence. MENA Salam Fellowship “Towards a New Peaceful Coexistence” will take place in Turkey, between 13 – 17 March 2015.
In the last few years, the MENA region has been witnessing violence, revolutions, conflicts, terrorism and wars that are eventually leading to other political, sectarian, religious and economic crises. A big obstacle for peace in the region becomes that each side has different narratives without listening or understanding the other side’s narrative. People have then become influenced more by negative feelings and actions than positive ones.
MENA Salam fellowship seeks to promote coexistence by engaging open-minded young leaders across the MENA region and support their roles as peacemakers who can positively contribute to the region’s peace and transition. The retreat will include interactive activities, meditation sessions, yoga classes, lectures delivered by the teaching monk and discussions aiming at supporting the group to work for a common future for the region.
- Nationals and residents of these countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Syria, Northern Sudan, Southern Sudan, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Western Sahara and Yemen.
- Age required between 18-30 years old at the time of application submission in order to receive the airfare support.
- Completed the 21 days of the online self-development program (by 8 December 2014 latest).
- Young leaders who are actively involved in peace activities or have passion to work in peace building and coexistence within the spheres of politics, society, culture and media.
- Good proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment fee of 200 USD.
- Full sponsoring of airfare
- Meditation sessions and lectures
- Yoga Classes
- Local transportation
Application deadline 15 November 2014, before 18.00 GMT. Apply online HERE.
Contact: [email protected]
For further information visit the official website HERE.