Deadline: 18 November 2014
Open to: candidates with experience in a Young Green organisation and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe
Remuneration: paid position
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe AISBL (CDN) is a network of Green youth organizations from Central, Eastern and South-Eastern Europe and Caucasus. The network supports the development, cooperation and exchange of knowledge and skills among Green youth organizations and aims at enlarging the field of political work for Greens in Europe.
The Executive Committee of CDN is currently looking for a Office Coordinator for their office in Belgrade, Serbia. The Secretariat consists of two members, who are appointed officers and legal representatives of CDN AISBL. They are responsible to the Executive Committee.
The tasks will include:
- Daily management of the CDN AISBL office (currently operating from Belgrade, Serbia), including the financial management and assisting the Executive Committee.
- The development, fundraising, organization, implementation and facilitation of CDN initiatives, projects and statutory meetings, such as seminars, conferences, working group meetings, exchanges, trainings and General Assemblies.
- Maintaining contact with Member and Partner Organizations as well as external partners.
- Supervising the external communication, including the website and various online tools.
- Being member of the Secretariat of CDN is a highly demanding position, requiring excellent organisational skills as well as substantial knowledge of Green politics, the context of Eastern Europe and youth positions in European non-EU countries.
In order to be eligible you should meet the following criteria:
- Substantial experience in a Young Green organisation and/or good knowledge of CDN, Green politics and civil society in Eastern Europe;
- Additional experience in youth and voluntary organisations or NGOs will be considered as an advantage, especially when on an international level;
- Excellent written and spoken English (skills in either Dutch, French or Russian are a strong asset);
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work under high pressure/tight deadlines;
- Good communication and diplomacy skills, ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability to take initiative and to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Knowledge of basic accounting is an asset;
- Computer skills including the use of free software (Linux, WordPress, Libreoffice etc.)
- Willingness to engage in frequent travels, to have flexible working hours – long working days and work during the weekends when need.
Candidates must able to move to Belgrade, Serbia till December the 7th, 2014.
This is a paid position, however the salary is not specified. The contract will be for two years including probation period of 3 months.
Interested candidates should send their application to the CDN office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A complete application must include the following documents:
- A comprehensive motivation letter, explaining how your experiences match the profile, how you can contribute to CDN and your vision of the role of CDN as a European youth organization. Emphasize especially your experiences with CDN and/or other Young Green organizations. Please also include how this position fits into your current life plans and your time availability to work in the Secretariat of CDN.
- The contact details of two references, preferably employers, supervisors or tutors.
Additionally you can include example of your past work, e.g. projects, their applications, reports or articles.
The deadline to apply is 18 November 2014.
For further information please visit the official call.