Deadline: 15 December 2014
Open to: graduates students and early career researchers worldwide interested in political science
Venue: 5-11 July in Florence, Italy
The LIVEWHAT project announces the call for applications for for the Summer School on “Citizens Resilience in Times of Crises” organized at Centre on Social Movement Studies.
The Summer School will take place in Florence, Italy, at the European University Institute from the 5th to the 11th of July 2015 and will address fundamental issues such as:
- How do people respond to crises in general and to the current economic crisis in particular?
- What strategies are developed to cope with the crisis in the public and in the private domain, collectively and individually, and through policies, protests and individual behaviors?
- What forms of resilience does society show in hard times?
The Summer School will bring together 20 young scholars and more established academics interested in these issues through an intensive curriculum of lectures and workshops.
The Summer School is open to graduate students as well as early career researchers throughout Europe and beyond with a specialized interest in participation and mobilization during periods of crises in different fields of study, including political science, political sociology, political communication, and political anthropology.
The Summer School has no fees and will provide welcome drinks and a farewell dinner, academic materials, and the use of library, computing and internet facilities. Besides the LIVEWHAT project can offer 5 travel and accommodation grants of €700 each to selected participants.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter (i.e. two pages) in which they explain how the Summer School would be beneficial to their research;
- A 500-word abstract of a proposed academic paper.
Applications must be sent by email to: [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 15 December 2014. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by email no later than 30th of January.
For more information about the application process please contact: [email protected]