Deadline: 10 January 2015
Open to: academics with a PhD employed in higher education institutions in selected countries
Fellowship: 1,800 USD monthly stipend, accommodation and travel costs
The Central European University (CEU) announces a call for its Visiting Research Fellowships program for the academic year 2015-16. The fellowships will be offered for a period of 3 to 6 months to academics employed in higher education institutions who wish to spend one or two terms at CEU in Budapest, conducting original research that will lead to a groundbreaking publication in an international peer-reviewed journal.
In order to be eligible for the fellowship applicants must:
- Be citizens of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Palestine, Peru, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Be employed, full-time or part-time in the academic/teaching institution in their home country at the time of application;
- Hold a PhD or equivalent and have a research record in an area that falls under one or more CEU academic units (departments, schools and research centers).
The fellowship covers travel costs to/from Budapest, accommodation and a monthly stipend of 1,800 USD (approx. €1,400).
The completed applications must be sent by email to: [email protected] and should include the following documents:
- Completed application form;
- 1500 – 2000 word research proposal;
- Photocopy of Ph. D. certificate or equivalent;
- Two letters of reference – original letters should arrive in sealed envelopes signed across the seal, directly from the referee, by the application deadline at the following address: CEU Fellowship program, Provost’s Office, Nador u. 9, H-1051, Budapest, Hungary
The deadline to apply is 10 January 2015.
For any enquiries please contact Maja Skalar at: [email protected]