Deadline: 15 January 2015
Open to: PhD students and post doctoral researchers from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia
Scholarship: SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students / SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for the Western Balkans aim at supporting advanced level studies and research within the selected fields in order to contribute to closer relations between the Western Balkans and the European Union. The programme offers a total of 10–15 scholarships for the year 2015/2016. The scholarship are available for these areas of studies:
- Democracy/Human rights/Gender issues;
- European studies;
- Social issues;
- Economics and management;
- Environmental studies.
The programme provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities and research institutes. Priority will be given to applicants with a PhD degree from 2010 or later.
The opportunity is opened to postdoctoral researchers from the Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Kosovo and Serbia.
The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers. The scholarship cannot be prolonged or extended. Also Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
Interested candidates need the following documents for submitting their application:
- Letter of Invitation – The Letter of Invitation from a Swedish university department willing to accept you as a visiting scholar, this is essential and highly important for your application. A complete list of Swedish universities can be found here;
- Letter of Support – PhD students only;
- CV of the current supervisor at home department/research group – PhD students only;
- Research Proposal;
- Motivational letter;
- CV of the applicant;
- CV of the intended supervisor/contact person in Sweden;
- Copies of University Degrees.
You can find all documents templates in the application section at the official site.
The application should be submitted online using the Swedish Institute application portal