Deadline: 7 December, 2014
Open to: new entrepreneurs starting up business with the potential to grow internationally, and coming from EU member states, EFTA/EEA countries, Macedonia, Iceland, Turkey, Montenegro, Albania, Israel and Serbia
Funding: EUR 1000 for travel costs and EUR 250 monthly allowance
CONNECT is targeted at European new entrepreneurs starting up businesses with the potential to grow internationally. Selected entrepreneurs will embark on a fulfilling exchange scheme in Brazil, where they will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced host entrepreneur.
First wave candidates have been selected and matched with a host entrepreneur in Brazil. Applications are now open for the second wave of the programme! December 2014 – January 2015 will make the selection and matching period. Selected entrepreneurs are to travel from February – June 2015.
You need to fulfil the following criteria to be eligible to participate in CONNECT:
- You must be firmly planning to start your own business based on a concrete project reflected in a substantiated business plan;
- Or have your own business in operation for not more than 3 years, preferably.
Please note the following additional aspects:
- There is no age limit and your business can be operating in any sector;
- You must have your permanent residence in a EU Member State or in any of the CIP participating countries (see bellow);
- You can be employed, self-employed or unemployed;
- During your stay in Brazil, you are expected to be motivated and willing to collaborate with an experienced host entrepreneur, and be prepared to contribute to the development of his/her business, making your skills and competences available;
- You are also expected to be able to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad;
- Good language skills (English/Portuguese/Spanish) will be considered an advantage;
- Entrepreneurs who have participated in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme or any other EU funded programmes are also eligible to participate in CONNECT.
CIP Participating Countries:
- EU Member States;
- EFTA and EEA countries: Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway;
- Acceding/candidate countries: Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro and Turkey;
- Albania, Israel and Serbia (additional participants to the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme).
Your stay in Brazil will be partially funded by the European Commission. The purpose of the financial assistance is to partly cover your costs of lodging, subsistence and travel incurred during the exchange, which means you are expected to complement the programme funds as needed to cover these costs. The grant to be provided includes a lump sum of EUR 1000 for the flight and EUR 250 monthly allowance.
Please note that the minimum duration of the stay abroad is 1 month and the maximum duration is 6 months. It is expected that most candidates go to Brazil for 3 months (no visa required for stays up to 90 days in Brazil for EU citizens).
How to Apply?
You can apply online for the second wave of the program HERE
Deadline for submitting applications is 7 December, 2014.
For more information please visit the official webpage.