Deadline: 31 December 2014
Open to: candidates who have completed university studies
Fellowship: 940 euros per month
The Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society, situated in Graz, Austria, is offering long-term fellowship to international research fellows who are not able to pay for their living expenses during their stay at the Institute. The fellowship provides its fellows the opportunity to perform work focusing on the relationship between technology and society. In this context, special attention is paid to the areas of technology policy, technology diffusion, technology assessment, the social shaping of technology, as well as technology-related analyses of gender and education issues. The Fellowship Programme is provided here.
The IAS-STS is directed towards young scientists as well as senior scholars wishing to conduct research into the interrelationship between science, technology and society. Eligible candidates must have completed university or college studies. Preference is given to Fellowship applicants working on their dissertation or postdoctoral thesis.
The IAS-STS gives partial and full grants to Research Fellows who are not able to pay for their living expenses during their stay at the Institute. Grants amount to a maximum of 940 euros per month. Applicants must provide evidence that their employer or other institution cannot supply funding.
The following documents must be sent together with the completed application form:
- Curriculum vitae (in tabular form);
- Copies of academic certificates;
- List of publications;
- Applicant’s publications (one or two), abstracts of diploma thesis, doctoral thesis etc.;
- Short presentation of planned research project (approx. 5-10 pages), structured as follows:
- general objectives
- detailed description
- procedure including method(s)
- time schedule
- selected bibliography
- Confirmation of present studies (doctoral thesis, postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis etc.);
- Comments and/or references (of doctoral / postdoctoral (habilitation) thesis supervisor);
- Grant application form (if you are not able to fund your stay in Austria).
Applications to the Fellowship Programme 2015/2016 can be submitted by December 31, 2014, via email or postal mail!
Institute for Advanced Studies on Science, Technology and Society (IAS-STS)
Attn. Günter Getzinger
8010 Graz – Austria
Email: [email protected]