Deadline: 15 February 2015
Open to: international master graduates in social science and humanities degrees
Fellowship: 1,300 euros per month
Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its Ph.D. program. The program will commence on September 1st, 2015. Successful applicants for the Ph.D. fellowships will pursue a topic in one of BIGSSS’ three Thematic Fields:
- Field A: Global Governance and Regional Integration;
- Field B: Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life;
- Field C: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts.
- An excellent MA degree (or national equivalents like the German “Diplom” or “Magister”) in a discipline pertinent to at least one of BIGSSS’ three Thematic fields, i.e. in Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, or related social science disciplines e.g. Law, Economics or Mass Communication. The degree must be completed by the end of July of the year of application, which means you may apply before having finished your MA degree;
- English proficiency;
BIGSSS offers 15 Ph.D. stipends of 1,300 Euros/month for 36 months, contingent on successful completion of each year.
You can submit your application for a BIGSSS Fellowship electronically via their online admissions system. You need to prepare the following documents:
- Personal Information Form;
- Preliminary Dissertation Proposal;
- One-page Proposal Abstract;
- Statement of Purpose;
- MA/BA/Diploma/Magister Certificates;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- University grade transcripts;
- Statement of Skills and Experience with Methods of Empirical Social Research;
- Certification of English proficiency.