Deadline: 15 January 2015
Open to: candidates from Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia, and Ukraine
Scholarship: EUR 1620/per month for PhD, EUR 1940/per month for postdocs
The aim of the Swedish Institute’s Visby Programme is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region, centered on the Baltic Sea, but also bridging to the Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation. The programme provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study.
For 2015/2016 academic year candidates belonging to any of the following categories may apply:
- PhD studies
- one long-term visit (either 6, 9 or 12 months) as part of their PhD studies.
- sandwich model (several shorter visits) – a maximum 12 months over three years, divided into a maximum of two research visits per year.
- Postdoctoral research – long-term visit (6, 9 or 12 months) must be holders of a PhD degree, preferably from 2010 or later.
- Senior scientists – holders of a PhD degree but who do not fit into the category of postdoctoral researchers, invited to Sweden for research (6 months maximum).
The Visby Programme is targeted at candidates from the following countries: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia, and Ukraine.
A scholarship cannot be granted for an applicant who:
- has already lived in Sweden for two or more years when the scholarship period is due to begin;
- has already got a Swedish permanent residence permit;
- has a Swedish work permit and is not an EU citizen;
- is applying for a scholarship at PhD level but is not enrolled in ongoing PhD studies at your home university; or
- is applying for a scholarship at postdoctoral level, but does not hold any PhD degree.
- SEK 15,000 (EUR 1620) per month for PhD students
- SEK 18,000 (EUR 1940) per month for postdoctoral researchers
The scholarship cannot be prolonged or extended. Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident during the scholarship period.
Application deadline is 15 January 2015, 24:00 CET. Application should be submitted online HERE.
- Letter of Invitation – The Letter of Invitation from a Swedish university department willing to accept you as a visiting scholar;
- Letter of Support – PhD students only;
- CV of the current supervisor at home department/research group – PhD students only;
- Research Proposal;
- Motivational letter;
- CV of the applicant;
- CV of the intended supervisor/contact person in Sweden;
- Copies of University Degrees.
You can find templates of all the documents on the official website.
For further information visit the official website HERE.