Deadline: 14 December 2014
Open to: students or graduates with academic background in political science, economics, development studies, environmental studies, engineering
Remuneration: paid internship
The EU Energy Initiative – Partnership Dialogue Facility (EUEI PDF) is an instrument developed by a number of EU Member States and the European Commission in the context of the EU Energy Initiative (EUEI). The overall objective of the EUEI PDF is to support the development of policies and strategies for the promotion of access to energy at national and regional level. These are based on dialogue within and between partner countries, their regional organisations, EU member states and the European Commission.
They are looking for an Intern (m/f) in Division EUEI PDF – Energy for Development. The position is based in Brussels, Belgium. Employment period is starting on 12 January 2015, duration 3 months (with option to extend to 6 months).
Tasks of an intern:
- Support the Brussels liaison officer in their day-to-day business;
- Support in research and analysis related to energy policy, private sector cooperation and capacity development for energy with a focus on Africa;
- Assist with the organisation of meetings and EUEI PDF events or presentations, including planning and logistics;
- Assistance in the development of documents, publications and communication materials;
- Support in the process of the Africa-EU Energy Partnership, for which the EUEI PDF acts as a Secretariat;
- Participate in internal and external meetings and energy-related events taking place in Brussels;
- Independent development of own thematic contributions for internal and external communication of the EUEI PDF;
- Assistance in and/or carrying out of other activities and tasks, as assigned by EUEI PDF staff.
- Academic background: political science, economics, development studies, environmental studies, engineering, or similar;
- Currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago;
- Professional/academic experience with energy;
- Languages: English must; French and German advantageous;
- Very good interpersonal, communication, and team skills.
The intern will be paid a lump sum depending on the country and the duration of the internship.
Application deadline is 14 December 2014.
Find more information about the position and apply online HERE.