Deadline: 5 February 2015
Open to: young people aged 18-30 years from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Venue: 5-9 May 2015, Georgia
The Peace Revolution BRIDGE Youth Fellowship ,“Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace” will bring together 30 young people from all East Europe and Central Asia (aka BRIDGE) region countries who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real change in the world. This retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, peace education, conflict prevention and youth empowerment through the primary means of meditation and self-development. Objectives of this so called fellowship are:
- Bring young leaders and activists from the BRIDGE countries together, provide a forum for networking and exchange of experiences by dialogue and cooperation;
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions;
- To develop and strengthen an active network of young peace builders that aims to boost creativity and to support personal and professional development;
- Candidates must be nationals and residents of these countries:Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan;
- Age required between 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support;
- Candidates must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program;
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language;
- Candidates should be optimistic, open-minded, show potential leadership, and have a genuine interest in peace and dialogue;
- Preference would be given to young leaders who are actively working in democracy, sustainable development, human rights and peace-building within the areas of society, culture and media.
The BRIDGE Fellowship covers:
- Local transportation;
- Retreat fee;
- Partial sponsoring of airfare;
Deadline for online application is 5 February 2015
You can start with your application by registering here and provide the required information and documents.
After your online application you will be asked to do an online self-development program until 28 February, 2015. After completing 21 days of the online self-development program, the Peace Revolution selection committee will make an interview appointment based on your performance, available fund as well as group combination in the fellowship. The interview would be conducted on rolling basis therefore those participants, who complete the 21 days of the online self-development program early will receive the interview call first.