Deadline: 30 January 2015
Open to: professional visual and media artists, art critics, theorists, and curators worldwide
Fellowship: a grant of EUR 3,150 to cover the costs of living, an individual studio, a production budget for the realization of the proposed project plus other benefits
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen, based in Innsbruck, is a post-graduate center for production, research, exchange in the fields of visual arts and art theory. Within the framework of the International Fellowship Program for Art and Theory, the Künstlerhaus provides a platform that facilitates the development and production of artistic and art-theoretical projects in a critical context. The program is based on the idea of generating and maintaining a context for production and discussion, in which artists and theorists can connect and reflect on international art and societal discourses in relation to local topics and issues. At the same time, it affords the opportunity for an artistic laboratory of experimentation, where new artistic practices and strategies may be tried out.
Künstlerhaus Büchsenhausen is now inviting applications for a fellowship in 2015–2016. Candidates can apply for one semester (October 5, 2015 – February 14, 2016 or February 15, 2016 – June 26, 2016). The fellowship can be split across two semesters.
The program is open to professional visual/media artists, art theorists, art critics, and curators from all over the world.
The fellowship includes:
- a grant of EUR 3,150 to cover the costs of living during the period of residency in Innsbruck;
- an individual studio for working and living, furnished with a large shared kitchen;
- a production budget for the realization of the submitted proposal;
- a budget for inviting experts to Büchsenhausen for the purpose of professional exchange;
- the opportunity of a group exhibition at the end of the fellowship at the Kunstpavillon or Neue Galerie in Innsbruck.
Applications are to be written in English or German and must include the following documents:
- the working proposal (max 2,000 words, 3 copies);
- a visual portfolio/documentation of recent works (artists: max 2 catalogs, max 10 photos, 1 DVD/CD-ROM; theorists/art critics: 1 recent writing sample, 3 copies);
- a curriculum vitae (3 copies);
- the printed confirmation e-mail of the filled electronic application form (1 copy).
The complete applications must be sent to:
Ref.: “Fellowship 2015-16”
The deadline for submissions is 30 January 2015.
For further information please contact: email@example.com