Deadline: 28 January 2015
Open to: undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering, who are not nationals of a CERN Member State
Remuneration: allowance to cover accomodation and food, plus a limited number of travel scholarships
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, is one of the world’s largest and most respected centers for scientific research. Its business is fundamental physics, finding out what the Universe is made of and how it works.
The CERN Summer Student Program offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
The summer program will last 8 weeks and the possible dates of stay are the following:
- 8 June to 31 July;
- 15 June to 07 August;
- 22 June to 14 August;
- 29 June to 21 August (in exceptional circumstances only).
The studenships are open to not nationals of a CERN Member State who meet the following criteria:
- Be a university-level undergraduate (at least third year students) or at the start of post-graduate studies;
- Remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2015, you are also eligible to apply;
- Have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User…) for more than 3 months;
- Have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
The selected interns will receive a subsistence allowance to cover the cost of accommodation and meals in the Geneva area. Besides, a limited number of travel scholarships will be available (on a lump sum basis).
Interested candidates must apply online after registering HERE. During the application process you should upload two recent reference letters from your professors, your grades transcripts and a recent CV in English or French.
The deadline to apply is 28 January 2015. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by mid/end April 2015.
For further information please visit the official call.