Deadline: 25 January 2015
Open to: holders of a university degree with previous experience in youth work and knowledge of the Erasmus + programme and youth policies in Macedonia and the Balkan region
Remuneration: paid position
ALDA- the European Association for Local Democracy is currently one of the largest European NGOs in the field of the cooperation between the local authorities and non-state actors engaged in promotion of local democracy and active citizenship. ALDA-Skopje, created in 2011, is part of the project “Balkan regional platform for youth participation and dialogue” – aiming the creation of Balkan regional youth network financed by the European Commission under Civil society Facility Operating Grants.
ALDA- Skopje is now recruiting a Local project coordinator- youth officer. The main tasks and responsibilities of the position are:
- Coordination of the local activities of the project in Macedonia: youth information, trainings, support of youth-led projects;
- Coordination and communication with the project partners on Balkan regional level;
- Field research and reporting on assigned topics (related to youth issues);
- Developing the strategy communication of the project on youth issues;
- Writing and translating texts in Macedonian and in English;
- Project development and writing;
- Organization of seminars, conferences, trainings and other activities;
- Supporting day-to-day activities in the office with the project management team.
In order to be eligible you should meet the following criteria:
- Hold a University degree;
- Have previous experience in youth work;
- Have knowledge of the EU programme Erasmus +, of youth policies in Macedonia and the Balkan region;
- Have excellent knowledge of English (knowledge of Serbian, Croatian and another EU language will be an asset);
- Have good communication skills and ability to work in multicultural team and regional context;
- Have flexibility and capacity to work under pressure, respecting tight deadlines.
The position is paid although the salary is not specified. The contract will be full time lasting 11 months (February-December 2015).
In order to apply you should send your motivation letter and CV in English to: [email protected].
The deadline for applications is 25 January 2015.
For further information please visit the official call.