Deadline: 15 February, 2015
Open to: citizens of the European Union
Remuneration: 4,000 euros
The European Youth Capital is a prestigious title awarded to one European city each year by the European Youth Forum. A consultant is sought to give expert input for the ongoing application process for European Youth Capital 2018. The role of the independent consultant is to assess the applications of the cities in all three phases and to provide the Youth Forum with an assessment on how the applications relate to the criteria for selection. The consultant may also be required to undertake study trips to the cities that make it to the final round as well as attending the final jury meeting in November (location to be decided).
The tasks of the consultant are to be as follows:
- Assessment of the applications from the cities in the first application round (around March 2015) and establishment of a suggested shortlist of applicants;
- Assessment of the five shortlisted cities’ application forms in the second application round (around July 2015) and giving expertise/recommendations to the cities on how they can improve the applications;
- Study visits to the five shortlisted candidates between the second and the third application deadline (roughly between the end of June and October 2015) with reporting to the Youth Forum;
- Assessment of the improved final applications submitted by the shortlisted candidates in October 2015 and establishment of a suggested ranking;
- Participation in the final jury meeting in November 2015 (location to be decided).
- Have strong experience in the implementation of projects related to youth participation at local/urban level;
- Experience in a consultancy role;
- Ability to communicate and write in English;
- Available to complete all tasks as outlined below, including study visits;
- Independent from the applicant cities;
- Strong motivation to contribute with expertise to an initiative that the Youth Forum wishes to become an integral and valued part of European life.
The contract will be from 2 March to 30 November 2015 and will be remunerated with a sum of 4,000 euros (subject to VAT). The study trip as well as travel and accommodation at the final jury meeting will be paid by the Youth Forum.
Start your application online here. Deadline for sending applications is 15 February, 2015.
For any questions which you may have, please don’t hesitate to contact David Garrahy at [email protected]