Deadline: 22 February 2015
Open to: visual artists who hold a university degree and are currently involved in the artistic and academic field
Fellowship: €2,500 per month for senior fellows/ €1,500 per month for junior fellows plus accommodation, office space, equipment, small budget for research
The CEU Institute for Advanced Study, based in Budapest, invites applications for a new artist-in-residence program for the academic year 2015/2016. Two residential fellowships are offered on a competitive basis to senior (up to three months) and junior artists (up to six months), who work innovatively in various visual media, including film and digital applications.
An important purpose of this program is to promote socially relevant artistic projects that would encourage the development of Visual Studies at CEU. The fellowships are meant to support the artistic practice and/or research of the recipients and serve as a catalyst for future collaborations.
The fellowship is open to artists who meet the following criteria:
- hold a university degree in visual art, filmmaking, digital media or related fields (minimum MA or PhD level);
- are currently involved in the artistic as well as the academic fields;
- have a solid portfolio of artistic projects;
- are fluent in English.
Senior fellows will receive a monthly allowance of €2,500 while junior fellows will receive €1,500 per month. Besides the fellowship includes:
- accommodation in the Wallenberg Guesthouse;
- hared office space at IAS / CEU premises as available;
- equipment and technical support from the CEU Media Lab;
- small budget for research, production, or workshop rent.
Interested candidates should send the following materials in one pdf document:
- a CV;
- a cover letter in which they indicate the benefits of being at CEU and in Hungary/Budapest for the project. They should also point out their project’s relevance for the development of Visual Studies at CEU and the period they would like to be in residence;
- a document which describes a concrete visual project that can be developed while in residence (max. 1,500 words, which does not include references).
Applications should be sent to: [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 22 February 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.