Deadline: 28 February 2015
Open to: graduates with good command of English or French and who have the nationality of one of the Council of Europe member states
Remuneration: 720€ monthly allowance
The main role of the European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML), which is a body of the Council of Europe, is to serve in general the implementation of language policies and the promotion of innovative approaches to the learning and teaching of modern languages.
The ECML offers traineeships, lasting in general 6 months (28 February deadline for the period July to December). The trainees would work alongside the Centre’s international team of eight full-time staff members in the historic city of Graz, Austria. According to their field of interest applicants can choose the main area in which they would like to be involved (although the tasks will cover a wide variety of areas):
- organisation of events and meetings (Programme);
- documentation and resources (DRC);
- the Centre’s website (Website);
- finances and general administration (Administration).
In order to be eligible you must:
- Be a citizen of any of the Council of Europe member states. Preference is given to applicants from ECML member countries.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Have a very good command of English or French (knowledge of German is an asset).
- Be flexible, well organised and capable of working in an international team.
Trainees will receive a monthly subsistence allowance of €720. A deduction of approximately 20 Euros is made each month from the trainees allowance to cover the costs of insurance during the stay.
The deadline to apply is 28 February 2015.
For further information please visit the official website.