Deadline: 20 February 2015
Open to: candidates with advanced degree in social sciences or other relevant field and several years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
The Early Childhood Program (ECP) of the Open Society Foundations promotes healthy development and well-being of young children, through initiatives that emphasize parent and community engagement, professional development and government accountability. Their rights-based approach and social justice framework give particular attention to minorities; children with developmental delays and disabilities; and children living in poverty. ECP programs are most active in Central Eastern Europe/Eurasia, Africa and Asia with some emergent work in Latin America and the Middle East.
The ECP is recruiting a Program Officer and Senior Program Officer to join their team of experienced early childhood and international development professionals based in London. The new staff members will work both independently and collaboratively to manage a portfolio of work aimed at dramatically improving social inclusion and reducing poverty, inequity and discrimination experienced by young children and their families.
In order to be eligible candidates must:
- Have and advanced degree in social sciences or other relevant field and significant relevant experience and training;
- Show commitment to addressing the needs of young children and their families;
- Have NGO experience;
- Have knowledge of early childhood development and the international early education and development and social justice fields, with demonstrable understanding of current debates;
- Be familiar with the activities of key development partners, foundations and donors;
- Demonstrate knowledge, experience of successful advocacy for early childhood development.
- Demonstrate experience in developing and managing multi-country, multi-agency initiatives, including coordination with partners, management of consultants and budgets, and the ability to mentor and monitor projects and provide technical assistance through long-distance support. Find all the list of skills required in the official call HERE.
Commensurate with experience. There is an excellent benefits package.
In order to apply you must submit a cover letter, writing sample and resume by email to: email@example.com. In the email subject line please include your name,surname and job code ECP-PO.
The deadline to apply is 20 February 2015.
For further information please visit the official call.