Deadline: 15 February 2015
Open to: candidates with demonstrated expertise in and understanding of women’s rights and gender equality in Central and Eastern Europe, the Baltic and Balkan States
Funding: EUR 2,500 plus travel expenses
The European Women Lobby Central European, Baltic and Balkan States Task Force met for its first time on 19-21 January 2015 in Brussels. They are looking for a consultant from one of the East Central European, Baltic and/or Balkan States, to support the initial startup of this Task Force. The purpose of the EWL Task Force on East Central European, Baltic and Balkan States is to:
- Share information and learning amongst Members of the EWL in East Central European, Baltic and Balkan States to identify any gaps and synergies.
- Strengthen joint strategies for advancing gender equality and challenging resistance.
- Design and implement common projects.
The consultant is expected to be home-based and the contract will last from February till May 2015. This is not a full-time position, but does require a significant and regular time commitment. For more information about the tasks please see the terms of reference.
The consultant should be based in one of the East Central European, Baltic and/or Balkan States and in order to be eligible should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated expertise in and understanding of women’s rights and gender equality in Central and Eastern Europe, the Baltic and Balkan States;
- Experience with and knowledge of women’s rights activism and advocacy on a national and European level;
- Detail-oriented, focused and efficient with very good time management and organisational skills;
- Must be an excellent communicator,with computer skills happy to work independently and at distance with a wide range of people via e-mail, phone and Skype;
- Experience of coordinating and edit written briefings from inputs coming from a range of sources;
- Experience in organising high level seminars or events on women’s rights;
- Understanding of and ability to undertake work according to feminist principles: especially being inclusive and respecting diversity;
- Must be an excellent communicator with computer skills and fluent in spoken and written English.
The consultant will receive a funding of €2,500. The position requires also travelling to Brussels at least once in the engagement period. Travel costs will be covered.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents:
- CV outlining relevant experience;
- Brief cover letter (one page maximum) demonstrating that you have the qualifications required in the terms of reference;
- Short example of a piece of work that you have produced in writing in English.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected] indicating in the subject line “application for consultant for task Force, your name”.
The deadline to apply is 15 February 2015.
For further information please visit the official call.