Deadline: 31 March 2015
Open to: graduates from one of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession (Iceland, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania and Turkey)
Remuneration: CoR-trainees are entitled to a monthly grant
The Committee of the Regions (CoR) is the political assembly that gives a voice to regional and local levels in EU policy development and EU legislation. Every year, the Committee of the Regions (CoR) offers a limited number of university graduates a five-month traineeship:
- Spring session: 16 February-15 July
- Autumn session: 16 September- 15 February
Each trainee is assigned to a specific department of the CoR. The nature of the work depends largely on the unit. Some units are more politically oriented, others are more administrative. In general, the type of work assigned is equivalent to that performed by junior executive-grade officials (AD5).
The aim of the traineeship within the CoR is:
- to provide a unique, first-hand experience of the workings of the CoR in particular, and of the EU institutions in general;
- to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of the Committee’s departments;
- to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- you will have the opportunity to organise a study visit to a European local or regional authority, in connection with the Committee’s political priorities;
- to put into practice knowledge acquired during studies, particularly in your areas of competence.
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union or of a State which is an official candidate for accession (Iceland, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania and Turkey);
- have completed at least the first cycle of a higher education course and obtained a full degree by the closing date for applications;
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another EU-working language (French or English).
CoR-trainees are entitled to a monthly grant. The amount of the grant is equivalent to 25% of the salary of AD*5 officials (step 1) at the start of the traineeship for the full 5-month period. A monthly supplement of EUR 100 is given to married trainees whose spouses are not gainfully employed and to trainees who have dependent children (100, 00/child/month). A supplementary grant amounting to up to half of the monthly grant may be granted to a handicapped trainee.
The deadlines to apply are: 31 March for autumn traineeships or 30 September for spring traineeeships.
For further information please contact: [email protected]