Deadline: 28 February 2015
Open to: holders of a Master’s degree in political science, international relations or related fields with at least two years experience in management positions dealing with project management and development
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM), a think tank policy institute based in Tirana, Albania, is looking for a Researcher under IDM Center for European & Security Affairs (CESA). The successful candidate will join CESA’s team under the lead and supervision of CESA’s Director and will be offered a renewable one-year contract with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is open to applicants with academic background in the areas of political science and international relations and with proven research capabilities and skills.
- Design and implementation of research activities in the areas of security, governance and EU integration;
- Project management and development of CESA program portfolio;
- Produce analytical products and prepare policy papers/briefs on key issues of CESA’s thematic focus;
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties as requested.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- At least two years experience in management positions dealing with project management and development, and implementation of related civil society activities;
- A Masters degree in political science, international relations or other relevant studies for CESA thematic areas (security, EU);
- Excellent knowledge of both English and Albanian;
- Outstanding writing skills;
- Ability to conduct independent research tasks;
- Knowledge of basic social science research methods.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
- Cover letter (Expression of interest);
- Updated CV with two reference contacts from previous employers;
- A small writing sample of an analytical / research / policy product.
All documents must be sent by email to: [email protected]
The deadline to apply is 28 February 2015.
For further information please visit the official call.