Deadline: 10 March 2015
Open to: applicants who are data savvies and have experience working with data and a passion for teaching data skills.
Fellowship: 1000 USD per month
The School of Data Organisation is currently accepting applications from individuals for its 2015 Fellowship programme. The organization is looking to find new data trainers to spread data skills around the world. This nine-month training programme consists of a series of offline and online trainings and workshops, organising events, and being an active member of the thriving School of Data community aimed at developing core skills.
- Applicants who are coming from: Macedonia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, African and Asian region;
- Data savvy: has experience working with data and a passion for teaching data skills;
- Social change: understands and interested in the role of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and the media in bringing positive change through advocacy, campaigns, and storytelling;
- Has some facilitation skills and enjoys community-building (both online and offline) – or, eager to learn and develop their communication and presentation skills;
- Eager to learn from and be connected with an international community of data enthusiasts;
- Language: a strong knowledge of English – this is necessary in order to communicate with other fellows, to take part in the English-run online skillshares and the offline Summer Camp.
Fellowships will receive a modest monthly stipend of up to 1000 USD a month, depending on the country they live in. This is intended to cover them for a part time role of 10 days a month. In addition to the stipend, fellows will have access to a small amount of funds to organise local events.
To apply you need to fulfill this application form. The application will be open until March 10th and the programme will start in April 2015.
Got questions? Check out the FAQ section available HERE.
For more information you need to check the official webpage