Deadline: 2 March 2015
Open to: Master degree holders in political science, European affairs/studies, law or related field with relevant professional experience
Remuneration: not specified amount, but it will be remunerated
Community Public Affairs dedicates itself to developing EU-focused public affairs campaigns that deliver results. Their team is comprised of senior professionals with extensive experience in public affairs and a group of talented consultants with expertise in a variety of sectors and at the moment they are searching for a young motivated public affairs professional as an intern in Brussels. The intern should start from March 2015 onwards, whereas the internship will last for six months.
If you are eager to learn, proactive, passionate about the EU environment and able to work collaboratively in a small and dynamic start-up structure, this opportunity might be for you. You should relish the challenges of handling a mix of public affairs and communications activities across various industries, including information and communications technology (ICT), fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), healthcare and energy/environment.
The intern will have the following tasks:
- Monitoring, gathering intelligence and providing analysis of EU policies and legislation;
- Researching and drafting background notes;
- Attending and reporting on meetings;
- Providing logistical support for meetings and events;
- Assisting with business administration;
- Performing other tasks as requested to contribute to the objectives of Community Public Affairs.
Who can apply?
The ideal candidate should posses:
- Master degree in political science, European affairs/studies, law or related field;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of the EU decision making process and stakeholders environment;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working knowledge of one or more European languages is an asset;
- Relevant experience in a consultancy/in-house, EU institution, trade association or other relevant professional environment;
- Strong collaboration skills and a positive, can-do attitude.
The position will be remunerated; however, there is no detailed information on the amount of remuneration provided.
How to apply?
Applicants should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please note that the deadline is 2 March 2015 and only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
In case of further questions, contact the Community Public Affairs.
Check the official call.