Deadline: 29 July, 2015 (deadline extended)
Open to: Creative minds under 30, living in one of the member states of EU or the Council of Europe, who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project with social value
Prize: Be invited to the EYA Winners’ Event in Graz from November 18-21, 2015 (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for the winners)
The European Youth Award (EYA) is an annual competition for digital and social innovators under 30. This pan-European contest tracks and connects outstanding e-content developers, social entrepreneurs and start-ups by selecting and promoting the best projects such as websites, mobile applications and online campaigns that are contributing to the achievement of the goals defined by the Council of Europe and Europe 2020.
People who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to participate in the competition:
- Creative minds under 30 (born after January 1, 1985)
- living in one of the member states of EU or the Council of Europe
- who have produced an outstanding, innovative digital project with social value.
They can submit their innovative projects in one of the following seven categories from March through July 2015:
HEALTHY LIFE: fitness | nutrition | healthcare
SMART LEARNING: education | e-skills | open science
CONNECTING CULTURES: arts | games | diversity
GO GREEN: energy | resource management | sustainability
ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP: free journalism | open government | social cohesion
MONEY MATTERS: financial literacy | employment | smart consumerism
FUTURE LIVING: e-mobility | urban development | sustainable tourism
An international jury will evaluate the projects and select the winners who will:
- Be invited to the EYA Winners’ Event in Graz from November 18-21, 2015 (Travel and accommodation costs will be covered for the winners);
- Get valuable feedback from experts and project analyses from young academics;
- Meet other engaged and amazing young people from all over Europe, ICT experts, social entrepreneurs and business leaders, media representatives and many more;
- Present their project on a pan-European stage;
- Have their project showcased on the web HERE;
- Be promoted through the EYA network and network with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers, young entrepreneurs and youth leaders!
- Become part of a vibrant and lively community for young people taking action on Europe’s most pressing challenges.
The registration, including submitting the project information, must be completed online HERE latest by 29 July, 2015 (deadline is extended)
For more information visit the official website HERE.