Open to: candidates with minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Remuneration: will be internationally competitive and reflect the importance of the role
The Green Climate Fund is a new multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat climate change. In the context of sustainable development, the Fund will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
The Legal Consultant will be based at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea. The consultancy is for an initial 2-year period.
The Legal Consultant will report to the Office of the General Counsel and s/he will advise on institutional matters regarding governance, voting procedures, constituencies, eligible developing country Parties, and other issues that may come up. The consultant will also draft, review and negotiate contracts with accredited entities, suppliers, consultants and other service providers. In support of other business units in the Fund, the Consultant will advise and review documents on a variety of issues, including HR and ICT. Read more about the tasks related to the vacancy HERE.
In order to be eligible to apply, the candidate should:
- Posses a Juris Doctor, LLB, or equivalent law degree; qualification to practice law in at least one jurisdiction;
- Have minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a law firm or in-house legal department of an international organization, government or private sector company;
- Have experience in, or working with, developing countries;
- Be capable to apply sound legal judgement to complex legal matters;
- Be able to draft and review legal texts;
- Posses good organizational skills;
- Have analytical skills with creative solutions to legal challenges;
- Have experience with prioritizing multiple assignments, meeting tight deadlines, and willingness to be flexible with a lean staff in a fast-paced environment;
- Is able to communicate effectively both within the organization as with other parties;
- Is sensitive to political, and respectful for cultural, factors;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language an advantage;
- Is suitable to undertake the responsibilities with a proven application of expertise, as a team leader when required, with supervision from the team head and as a team-player with a proactive and can-do attitude;
- Is experienced in establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different backgrounds and cultures.
The compensation benefits for this key consultancy will be internationally competitive and reflect the importance of the role.
CV and a Letter of Interest are required to apply for this position. Please send them in a single file to: email@example.com in the following format:
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Olsson, Anna), Subject line: “Legal Consultant”
In the application, please indicate your earliest availability to take up assignment, and notice-period required, if employed. Applications from women and citizens from developing countries are strongly encouraged. Shortlisting will start on 9 March 2015 and will continue until the position is filled.
Check the official call HERE.
Visit the web-page of Green Climate Fund.