Deadline: 31 August, 2015 / 28 February, 2016
Open to: qualified candidates who are coming from ECML member states OR are currently studying in one of those countries
Payment: subsistence allowance of approximately €720 per month
The ECML is both an institution with political objectives and an educational facility running a programme of activities. The ECML has offered traineeships since 1997. The scheme has proved a highly successful means of developing further contacts between the Centre and its member states. Recruiting young professionals from all over Europe to join its team for a short period both reinforces the Centre’s role as a place of international cooperation and promotes an atmosphere of intercultural learning. For the trainees it often represents their first experience of an international organisation. The scheme which the ECML now offers is the result of a learning process and is adapted to meet the needs both of the Centre and the trainees themselves.
The ECML offers traineeships, lasting in general 6 months, twice a year. According to their field of interest applicants can choose the main area in which they would like to be involved (although the tasks will cover a wide variety of areas):
1. Organisation of events and meetings (Programme);
The programme and logistics traineeship is focused on all practical aspects of the organisation of workshops and meetings. The activities mainly involve:
- liaising with the coordinators to fix practical details;
- contacting the workshop participants and sending them all kind of documents (practical like hotel and travel documents, invitation letters, etc, but also sometimes serving as a relay between the teams and the participants). It means preparing the documents, formatting them, mailing and filing them;
- assisting the teams and participants during workshops and meetings so that everything runs smoothly.
2. Documentation and resources (DRC)
Trainees at the DRC work 6 months together with the ECML’s two documentalists. They participate in daily activities linked to information and documentation.
3. The Centre’s website (Website)
The trainee is to assist the webmaster in his daily work and will participate in the development of the web site of the ECML being responsible for the follow-up of tasks and for checking on the accuracy and on the updating of information. This area of work will allow the trainee to participate in the continuous development of the various sites.
4. Finances and general administration (Administration)
The traineeship in finances and general administration consists of the following tasks:
- assistance in the further development of a relational ‘Projects’ database (linked to the existing mailing database);
- assistance in the implementation of Windream (Document Management Software), in particular development of a training guide ;
- processing of financial documentation;
- photocopying/scanning, classification according to budgetary article, registration of mailings, preparation of mailing to Strasbourg;
- corrections to the ECML mailing database (correcting/inputting of already existing information;
- entering of bank details into ECML database;
- preparation of workshop documentation relating to prepaid tickets, hotel reservation forms;
- preparation of reimbursement forms and assistance in registration of participants prior to workshops, network or expert meetings.
For each of the traineeship, please review the qualifications required as per from the side of the candidates.
You are eligible to apply if you come from one of the ECML member states OR if you are currently studying in one of the ECML member states. These are the ECML member states: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Macedonia.
Trainees receive a subsistence allowance of approximately €720 per month, which is transferred by the Council of Europe at the end of each month. From this, a deduction of approximately € 20 is made each month from the trainees allowance to cover the costs of insurance during the stay. No contribution is made by the ECML towards travel costs from the trainee’s home country to and from Graz.
How to Apply?
In order to apply for the traineeship, you should use the application form available HERE and then proceed with the application at the page HERE. You are kindly asked to describe your language skills in accordance to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
– 28 February for the period July to December
– 31 August for the period January to June of the following year