Deadline: 10 April 2015 (noon time)
Open to: UK, EU and overseas students
Scholarship: full-time scholarships ranging from fee waivers to full bursaries
Sheffield University Management School offers you the opportunity to study for a PhD in a stimulating and rewarding collegiate environment, committed to delivering an outstanding student experience and impactful socially-responsible research. Range of scholarships are available for Postgraduate Research students at Sheffield University Management School. Applications are now open for our 2015/16 scholarships to conduct doctoral research that fits within the School’s research centers.
- You will need a first degree that is equivalent to a UK classification of upper second class honors or above. In addition, a good masters level qualification of merit or above, with a minimum of 60 per cent in the dissertation, research project element or equivalent experience;
- The school also accept an MBA from an accredited school where the candidate can demonstrate that a significant research element has been undertaken;
- Professional qualifications can be influential in their decision making but are not usually considered to be an adequate substitute for a Masters degree because they do not ordinarily provide evidence of research skills;
- If your first language is not English and you have not studied at degree level in an English speaking country in the last three years, our standard English Language requirement is IELTS at 7.0 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component or equivalent;
- The decision to make an offer takes into account the quality of the research proposal, the applicant’s qualifications, references and, importantly, the availability of two supervisors with relevant expertise, interest and capacity.
The scholarship scheme may be used in a variety of ways to fund full-time scholarships ranging from fee waivers to full bursaries, depending on the quality of the applications. Sheffield University have £330,000 of funding for departmental project scholarships and open scholarships at Sheffield University Management School.
- Fill in the online application form;
- The project number(s) you wish to apply for;
- A brief research proposal of approximately 3,000 words explaining: why you are interested in the project, and your suggested focus;
- A covering letter or personal statement explaining why you wish to undertake a PhD at Sheffield University Management School, and why you are confident that you will be able to complete the PhD successfully;
- To process the application we must receive all of the required details, a research proposal and supporting documents.
Deadline for applying is 10 April 2015 (noon). Full application must to be received by 15 July in order for a student to start in the October of that year. Applications received after this date will not allow entry until the following year.
For further information please visit the official webpage.