Deadline: 27 March, 2015
Open to: youth interested in helping plan the project from the 3 partner countries: Austria, Italy and Slovenia
Venue: starts west of Tolmezzo, Italy on August 24, 2015 /continues to the final destination: Kobarid, Slovenia on September 7
Riverwalk 2015 is an Erasmus+ funded project. The number of free-flowing, intact rivers left in the Alps is dwindling and WWF and many local partners are actively protecting the last wild rivers in the Alps. The organizers want to increase the awareness of the importance of free flowing rivers, connect active and motivated young adults from Austria, Italy, and Slovenia, develop participants’ leadership skills and form deep personal connections to two incredible river systems: the Tagliamento River (Italy) and the Soča River (Slovenia).
Are you ready to Riverwalk? Do the following statements describe you?
- You want to get a bit wild this summer while you walk, bike, and paddle along wild rivers in Italy and Slovenia during a 2 week* international youth exchange;
- You are a motivated young adult (between 15-30 years old) who wants to get active for rivers and the environment;
- You are interested in a cultural exchange and want to get to know 20 other young people from Austria, Italy and Slovenia, other activists, locals, and experts;
- You are looking to improve your leadership and teamwork skills, outdoor abilities, learn more about environmental issues and get active in helping to protect wild and wonderful rivers in the Alps!
If you answered, „YES!“ to these questions then you are a good candidate for this project! Apply now to have the chance to join in on this exciting journey from the mountains of northern Italy and the headwaters of the Tagliamento River to the turquoise waters of the Soča River in Slovenia, be part of a great international team and help us discover and protect wild, wonderful rivers!
* NOTE: This project has only been partially funded (for the Slovenian part) by an Erasmus+ grant; however, organizers hope/expect that the Italian part will also be funded. If the activities in Italy are not to be funded, the Riverwalk will likely only take place in Slovenia for the duration of 1 week: 01.-07.09
Who is eligible?
Youth interested in helping plan the project from the 3 partner countries: Austria, Italy and Slovenia.
In order to secure your place in the project, a participant fee of 50,00 EUR will be collected and must be paid within 3 weeks of being notified of your acceptance on the project team. This fee will help cover all costs (camping fees, meals, outdoor activities, etc.).
How to Apply?
Each candidate should fulfill the online application form.
Deadline for submitting on-line applications: 27, March 2015