Deadline: 7 June 2015
Open to: international youth researchers interested in the topics
Scholarship: accommodation, health insurance, one return ticket in amount of up to EUR 500
The International Tuning Academy has been established with the aim of making the results of all Tuning and Tuning-related projects accessible to the academic community and stipulating research on Tuning-related topics.
Deusto International Tuning Academy is offering short-term research visit scholarships for the academic year 2015-2016. Up to six scholarships for 1-month research visits are offered for those already pursuing research and interested in spending one month at DITA in Bilbao, Spain between October 2015 and June 2016.
The research projects will focus on one of these topics:
- Analyzing and evaluating the impact produced by the Tuning projects;
- Approaches to learning, teaching and assessment of generic competences;
- Saff development initiatives that facilitate implementation of competence-based approach;
- Curriculum reform and incorporation of Tuning approach in institutional and national policies.
Who can apply?
The Short-Term Visits Scholarships can be granted to:
- young researcher enrolled in doctoral programmes worldwide and focusing on a topic related to DITA’s current priority research lines;
- scholars holding a PhD and currently actively engaged in post-doctoral research on a topic related to DITA’s current priority research lines;
- university staff interested in comparative case-studies of the implementation and impact of the Tuning approach in at least two higher education institutions;
- There are no limitations as to country of residence, nationality, age.
The Short-Term Visits Scholarships cover health insurance for the 4 weeks, full or partial reimbursement of the travel costs for a return ticket (up to 500 euros), and free-of-charge accommodation. No additional money for travel or congress participation will be made available to visiting researchers.
- The health insurance is issued and paid for by the University of Deusto;
- The return ticket is purchased by the visiting researcher and is then reimbursed (if the total cost does not exceed 500 euros) or partly reimbursed (up to the sum of 500 euros) by DITA. Any changes the researcher needs to make after the ticket has been purchased are to be covered by the researcher;
- The cost of accommodation is transferred to the grantee upon his/her arrival to Bilbao and the grantee is then responsible for paying the accommodation fee to the accommodation provider directly;
- If the visiting researcher does not comply with the Study Visit Plan and requirements as stipulated in “Visiting Researcher Agreement” (to be signed upon arrival in Bilbao) the scholarship may be cancelled and the visiting researcher will be obliged to reimburse the cost of both monthly allowance and travel.
What is provided (apart from the funding)?
- On-site access to DITA databases and library (project data; survey data, including data with restricted access; library specialized on Tuning-related topics);
- Methodological advice on research topic;
- Practical and logistic support while in Bilbao.
- complete the Online Application Form in English;
- send via e-mail your CV ( EuroPass in English) to [email protected] in this format (“YourName(s).YourSurname(s)_CV” document name and “Short-Term Visit Scholarships Application_CV_YourName(s).YourSurname(s)” email subject line).
The Online Application Form does not allow partial completion (saving part of information and returning to the Form later to continue its completion). Therefore, you need to have the following texts ready before you start completing the Form:
- A very short summary of your Research Proposal (max. 7 lines or 560 characters with spaces);
- A more detailed Study Visit Plan (max. 3 pages with 1.5 spacing or 8,641 characters with spaces). For elements to be covered, read the respective Online Application Form instructions carefully (“Study Visit Plan” section).
The deadline for submitting applications is 7 June 2015.
For more information please visit the official webpage.