Deadline: 30 April 2015
Open to: graduate and PhD students of law and related disciplines, aged under 35
Venue: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 15 – 25 July 2015
Association “PRAVNIK” together with the partner organization Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung, Rule of Law Program South East Europe will be offering International Summer School Sarajevo 2015 course on transforming legal systems of South-East European countries to respond to human rights challenges. The main objective of International Summer School Sarajevo 2015 is to foster contemporary discussion on the issue of Transitional Justice and Human Rights through a unique blend of theory, practice and experience with an aim to empower future decision makers by:
- Bringing together experienced professionals and young scholars from the South East Europe,Europe and the US;
- Contributing to the global discussion on the issue of Transitional Justice and Human Rights;
- Networking of Alumni students and lecturers from previous generations with this year participants.
The summer school will take a place in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina from 15 – 25 July 2015. Accommodation is offered at the Franciscan Students’ Hostel in double bedded rooms. The Hostel is at 15 minute walking distance from the city centre. International Summer School Sarajevo 2015 will accept 25 to 30 students for attendance for this year.
The program encourages applications from graduate and PhD students of law and related disciplines (under the age of 35), including a limited number of undergraduate students from South East Europe,Europe and the US. The program also encourages young professionals working in the area of Rule of Law, Human Rights and Transitional Justice to apply as well.
There are three main criteria which will be taken into consideration in the evaluation process:
- Academic requirement: The program encourages applications from law and political science undergraduate final year students and post graduate students. Basic knowledge and commitment to take part in academic discussions on Rule of Law, Human Rights and Transitional Justice concept is required.
- Language requirement: The language of instruction is English; thus all applicants have to demonstrate a strong command of spoken and written English to be able to participate actively in discussions at lectures and workshops.
- CSO experience: The association “PRAVNIK” recognizes the involvement in CSO as an important sign that proves commitment toward democratic development of any society. Thus experience in CSO sector brings an added value to every application.
In order to obtain the certificate all participants have following obligations and responsibilities:
- Attendance: All participants must attend over 80% of all lectures including workshops and discussions;
- Essay: All participants are obliged to submit an essay in English on a topic that relates to the ISSS 2015 pro-gram by 30 September 2015;
- Dress code: Please note that the dress code for the ISSS 2015 will be professional business throughout the program.
The participation fee is EUR 200. Students from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Romania and Serbia are eligible to apply for a participation fee reduction of 50 %. The Selection Committee will decide about this request along with the application. No discrimination will be made towards applicants who apply for a participation fee reduction and the number of fee reductions will depend on the number of participation fee reduction requests and the number of available reductions. Travel costs are not covered by this fee and each participant should take care of personal travel arrangements. If you need a visa to enter Bosnia and Herzegovina please let us know, so that we can send you an invitation letter for International Summer School Sarajevo 2015. In addition, field trips are not covered by this fee, so please consult the International Summer School Sarajevo 2015 course description and timeline.
How to apply?
All prospective applicants are invited to send their complete application through the official submission e-mail which is indicated on the application form. Note that the deadline is 30 April 2015.