Deadline: 27 April 2015
Open to: young people from Europe interested in civil society or youth engagement with good command of German
Benefits: rent, additional expenses, travel expenses are covered, as well as pocket money of EUR 284 is provided
Schüler Helfen Leben’s (SHL) Incoming Program is looking for young people from Europe already used to taking an active part in civil society participation or youth engagement. Participants should be interested in meeting young volunteers from Germany cooperating in the planning and conduction of the main event of this Incoming program called “Social day” (Sozialer Tag). For this year, volunteers are needed in the following working areas:
- Regional Coordination: If you like working with youngsters, travelling, you are outgoing and like speaking in front of groups and other audiences, then apply for this position. Regional Coordinators always work in a team of three to four volunteers. They pass on their experience in civil society and youth participation, promote idea of solidarity and inspire students for international cooperation. They travel all over Germany, conduct workshops and give presentations in schools: What is the situation in South Eastern Europe like? What’s happening in Syria? And why is it important to support committed youngsters in these regions?
- Campaigning: Volunteers in this working area are in close touch with advertising agency and involved in the design of publications. Campaign is promoting the main event Social Day all over Germany. It is an important tool on volunteers’ way to this highlight of their year at SHL. Additionally, further publications like posters, flyers and adverts have to be visually designed and printed. Even the design of T-Shirts and Giveaways belongs to this working area. Furthermore, the campaigner is responsible for the administration of websites and regular updates in cooperation with his colleagues
The voluntary service is based in Neumünster (Northern Germany). It starts on 1 July 2015 with a two week stay in a German host family. From 15 to 24 July all volunteers meet for their joint preparation seminar. The voluntary service ends on 20 August 2016.
Schüler Helfen Leben is looking for volunteers who bring the following competences:
- Applicant should be between 18 and 23 years;
- The volunteer necessarily need to have their permanent residence outside Germany;
- The volunteer may not have spent more than six months continuously/without interruption in Germany within the last five years;
- Good command of German language it means at least level B1 (does not have to be proved by certificate);
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to compromise;
- Self-confidence and responsibility;
- Empathy and tolerance;
- Interest in working with youth;
- Basic technical skills.
Necessary administrative measures for the granting process of a residence permit and the recognition process for the driver’s license will be accompanied by Schüler Helfen Leben. All expenses will be covered. All costs for rent, additional expenses, telephone internet, travel expenses and catering costs on business trips are covered. Schüler Helfen Leben also will take over the costs for the obligatory health insurance, visa and other necessary expenses in preparation of the voluntary service. Additionally, volunteers are paid “pocket money” of currently EUR 284 per month.
How to apply?
Please send your applications in German language via e-mail at: [email protected]eben.de. An application should consist of:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Letter of motivation (about one page);
- Filled-in version of questionnaire.
Further questions concerning the application process can be addressed as well to Christian Bothur [email protected] or Stefan Marinkovic [email protected] All documents and necessary information for your application as a volunteer within their Income Program can be found HERE.
The deadline for applications 27 April 2015.