Deadline: 31 July 2015
Open to: applicants expecting to graduate in 2015 with a BA or MA qualifying programs from a participating college
Prize: €50,000, collection to be sold at H&M
H&M Design Award is a design competition for students at selected design schools around the world. The organizer’s ambition is to bring up the most promising talents in fashion and give them a springboard in their careers.
- You must plan to graduate from a BA or MA program in 2015 (or equivalent to that) from a participating college. Find all schools participating in the award here;
- Your collection should be based on garments, with at least four complete outfits per entry (sorry, no entries that are just print or accessories). The collection can focus on womenswear, menswear, kidswear or a mixed application;
- The H&M Design Award is held in English and it is very important that you are able to speak and understand this language.
The prize is €50,000 and and the winner will also get to develop key pieces from their collection to be sold at H&M.
How to apply?
Please fill out the online application form and upload the following items:
- resume/curriculum vitae (CV);
- a brief description of your collection and its themes;
- pictures of your collection at its key stages of development;
- images of inspiration sources and mood boards;
- your color and fabric range;
- details of any prints (if you have created them);
- illustrations and fashion drawings of the collection;
- images of the finished outfits (including campaign images or photo shoots).
For more information, please check the offiacial web-page.