Deadline: 30 April 2015
Open to: undergraduate and graduate students, professionals from various fields and disciplines
Venue: 28 June – 31 July, 2015, Pristina, Kosovo
This summer American Education in Kosovo (A.U.K.) will again offer a Peace-Building Post-Conflict Transformation and Development Program. The program, will take place on the A.U.K. campus in Pristina, Kosovo from 28 June until 1 August. Since 2010 the A.U.K. Peace Building Post-Conflict Transformation and Development Program has provided students from the Balkans and around the world, a program taught by academic specialists and distinguished practitioners in the diplomatic, military, and civilian fields of conflict resolution and post-conflict reconstruction in the Balkans and the wider region. This important and unique program combines the experience and talents of academics and practitioners of conflict resolution – diplomats, military personnel, journalists, and NGO activists. The program provides a practical, hands-on perspective on the issues while taking advantage of the “living laboratory” associated with the historical, cultural, and politically significant sites of Kosovo and the surrounding region.
The program offers courses in:
- The Origins and Resolution of Conflicts in the Balkans and Globally;
- The Economics of Post-Conflict Resolution;
- Human Rights and Journalism in Conflict Regions.
The program welcomes undergraduate and graduate students as well as professionals from various fields and disciplines.
The A.U.K. summer program 2015 will offer 5 full scholarship that will cover:
- Two courses (three credits each);
- Accommodation from 28 June –1 August 2015;
- Meals during the working days: Monday – Friday;
- Two cultural trips within Kosovo;
- Regional trip to Montenegro, Bosnia and Serbia or Albania, Greece and Macedonia.
A.U.K is also offering 5 partial scholarships.
To apply for the summer program, students should complete and submit the application form together with:
- A letter of recommendation from a current professor or your academic adviser stating that you are in good academic standing;
- A letter of recommendation from your employer, if working;
- A scanned copy of your passport.
Those wishing to apply for scholarship funding should also provide:
- Financial Statement (bank statement of all family members working);
- 500-word essay on why scholarship funds are needed.
Deadline for applying is 30 April 2015.
For any questions you can write e-mail at [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website.